It seems like anything green gets equated with being healthy… and GROSS! Let me just say, though, you can’t judge a book by its cover.
This detoxifying green juice recipe will kickstart your day with a zingy flavor from the lemon and ginger, and you won’t even be able to taste all the green stuff in there. But you’ll still get alllll the benefits!
Every ingredient in this juice helps to detoxify and cleanse the body in one way or another.
If you want to give your detox juice an extra kick, add more ginger. Not only will it take the spicy up a notch, your body will enjoy even more of the cleansing properties of ginger.
Don’t worry if you’re sensitive to spicy like me. The amount in the recipe is just enough to give it flavor without being too hot to handle.
Check out this video for a super easy and safe way to peel ginger with a spoon!
As far as texture goes, I like to keep the pulp in my green juice because it ensures I get the maximum nutrients. If you’re not a fan, use a sieve or cheesecloth to strain it out.
Green juice is best cold, so refrigerate it before gulping it down!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: ~16 ounces
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup kale (heaping)
- 1 green apple
- 1/8 cup parsley
- ¼ large cucumber, cut into large chunks
- ½ celery stalk (the bundle), chopped
- 1 (½ inch) piece ginger, peeled
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend on high until smooth. If your blender has a “liquefy” setting, use that. I use the “extract” setting on my Nutri Ninja blender.
- Pour into a glass and refrigerate until cold.
- Shake or stir well before drinking. Then enjoy!