I’ve got to say, this is probably one of the easiest weeknight dinner recipes out there. Bonus: Their gorgeous presentation makes these babies look like they take way longer than they actually do!
This quick and easy vegan taco recipe is totally customizable. Go wild adding your favorite veggies, fruits (that parade as veggies) or even vegan cheese!
If you’re looking for a simple, quick and easy vegan dinner recipe, this is it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 tacos
- 1 can black beans, drained halfway
- 3/4 pouch of Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice (roughly 7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1-2 avocados
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 large romaine leaves
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 6 Trader Joe’s 6″ corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- In a medium saucepan, cook beans, rice and corn on medium heat until hot. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, slice avocado and chop tomatoes. Cut romaine and bell pepper in thin slices.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Once hot, place one tortilla in the skillet and flip every 30 seconds to 1 minute until it reaches desired crispiness.
- Place tortilla on a plate and top with rice/bean mixture and all your toppings. Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top.
- Repeat for all tacos. Tip: As soon as you take your tortilla off the skillet, add another while you build your taco! This will save you time.