If you’re a dessert-for-breakfast kind of person, this smoothie is right up your alley. The richness of the cocoa powder combined with the filling and energizing bananas and dates make this a decadent yet good-for-you smoothie.
It’s also a great option for a healthy dessert!
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon cocoa powder (or more if you like it extra chocolatey!)
- 2 medium frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- Optional: Add peanut butter or strawberries for that extra something special.
- Using a high-speed blender, blend the coconut milk and dates until the dates are completely broken down.
- Add the cocoa powder and bananas and blend until smooth.