Pasta is a staple in our house. And it is for many vegans. So I get really happy when I find a recipe that doesn’t require a lot of work. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight when you’ve inevitably got a lot going on. The flavors in this pasta are simple yet powerful. The roasted tomatoes are so sweet they almost taste like candy. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes, capers, basil and oregano with oil and season with salt. Roast until tomatoes burst and begin to brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
- Return pasta and 1/4 cup pasta water to pot and add tomato mixture. Cook over high until sauce is slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. If necessary, add remaining pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Serve sprinkled with oregano.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Try this recipe and let me know what you think! Did you make any modifications?