As with every great recipe that’s been passed down through family, the original instructions of this recipe were vague. Add a little of this. Pour in some of this. Cook until it looks done. I’ve attempted here to put my mother-in-law’s amazing stuffing recipe into writing. Cook with this in mind. This is a free-flowing recipe that isn’t meant to be taken word for word. Enjoy.
- 1-2 12-ounce bags Pepperidge Farm Stuffing, Country Style, Cubed
- 2-3 32-ounce boxes Trader Joe’s Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red apple, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the onions to the frying pan and sauté for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and cover for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, add celery. Stir and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Next add apples. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Then add raisins. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Last, add walnuts. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, per directions on the box, whisk up the VeganEgg and ice cold water.
- Pour the sautéed ingredients in a large mixing bowl with the stuffing. Add Vegan Egg and mix well.
- Pour some of the vegetable broth into the mixing bowl. Stir and add more as needed. You will want the consistency to be somewhere between dry and sopping wet.
- Grease your baking dish with olive oil.
- Pour the stuffing into the dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 10 minutes. If you want the top extra crunchy you can spray with olive oil before cooking for this final 10 minutes.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Note: The original recipe calls for 2 eggs so I have replaced them with the appropriate quantity of Follow Your Heart’s VeganEgg.
Share this recipe on social media to help make Thanksgiving more vegan friendly.